Dominican Center’s Foundations in Spirituality course is a serious reflective study of the saints and great spiritual teachers of the Christian tradition, the practice of contemplative prayer, and the writing and living of a personal rule of life. The objectives of this course are to:
- Grow in understanding and appreciation of the diverse ways God has been present to and involved in the lives of the great spiritual teachers and guides throughout history
- Encourage awareness, commitment to, and integration of the spiritual journey in daily life through writing and living a personal rule of life
- Develop an understanding of contemplative attitudes and presence as basic to living a spiritual life
- Provide opportunity for an introductory study of writings from the spiritual classics for the purpose of reflection, discussion, and personal appropriation
- Foster respect for the diversity in past and present theology and spirituality.
- To present basic principles and tools for discernment that are useful for personal, prayerful decision making
Day and Times: Class meets Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A required book of readings will be available for purchase at Dominican Center. This will be an additional $100.00.
Dates of Sessions:
- September 16, 2017
- October 21, 2017
- November 18, 2017
- December 16, 2017
- January 20, 2018
- February 17, 2018
- March 17, 2018
- April 21, 2018
- May 19, 2018