Visit our Blog for news about Dominican Center. https://dominicancenter.com/blog/
Foundations in Spirituality 2022-2023 (In-Person)
- Saturday 09/17/2022 - Saturday 05/20/2023
- 10:00am - 3:00pm EST
Foundations in Spirituality is a serious reflective study that opens our minds and hearts to the teachings and life examples of the great Christian spiritual teachers that continue to deepen our present spiritual journey.
Christ will make His home in your heart as you trust in Him.
Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.
- Ephesians 3:17
Explore the rich preaching of St. Dominic; the unbreakable faith of St. Teresa of Avila; the deep spirituality of St. John of the Cross; the life-giving wisdom of the Beguines; the daily prayerful life of St. Ignatius; and the lives of many more who continue to enrich our own faith and spirituality.
The course introduces the practice of contemplative prayer as grounding practices for living a richer spiritual life. Respond to the yearning in your heart for a deeper relationship with God by returning to the Foundations in Spirituality.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Grow in understanding and appreciation of the diverse ways God has been present to and involved in the lives of the great spiritual teachers and guides throughout history
- Encourage awareness, commitment to, and integration of the spiritual journey in daily life through writing and living a personal rule of life
- Develop an understanding of contemplative attitudes and presence as basic to living a spiritual life
- Provide opportunity for an introductory study of writings from the spiritual classics for the purpose of reflection, discussion, and personal appropriation
- Foster respect for the diversity in past and present theology and spirituality.
- To present basic principles and tools for discernment that are useful for personal, prayerful decision making
Foundations in Spirituality 2022-2023 will be held In-person at Dominican Center Marywood at Aquinas College from 10:00am-3:00pm on the following dates:
- September 17, 2022
- October 15, 2022
- November 19, 2022
- December 17, 2022
- January 21, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- March 18, 2023
- April 15, 2023
- May 20. 2023