Visit our Blog for news about Dominican Center. https://dominicancenter.com/blog/
A Bottle Full of Tears ~ Moving Through Grief (In-Person)
- Friday 10/21/2022 - Saturday 10/22/2022
- 6:30pm - 4:30pm EST
Gather with us for a Bottle Full of Tears, a retreat on moving through grief. We will explore the stages of the grief experience in a two-day, in-person interactive retreat. Using a variety of transformative practices alongside reflective pauses for integration, we will honor ways we might be worked by loss, learn from it, and love through it.
You, God, have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your record?
~ Psalm 56:8
During the past two and a half years of the pandemic reality, we were challenged to both collective loss and as well as individual realizations of the truth of impermanence and the grief associated with it. Grief is deeply personal and can be one of life’s most difficult challenges. The human experience of loss is inevitable but can also be supported in a variety of healing ways. Grief is an emotional reaction occurring in response to a loss. The internal work of grief is a process, a journey.
Grief is love that has nowhere to go.
- October 21: 6:30-8:30 pm
- October 22: 9:00 am -12:00 pm & 1:00-4:30 pm (lunch included)
- Practical handouts
- Tools to aid in understanding and integrating the grief process and its significance to healing life's losses
- Learn ways to nurture resiliency and enhance your capacity to honor your unique mourning process
THIS TWO-DAY GATHERING INCLUDES
- Presentation and educational activities
- Small and large group interaction
- Griever-friendly rituals
- Opportunities to practice new skills
- Opportunities for personal integration
COST FOR SPIRITUAL DIRECTORS
- $100 - If you are a practicing spiritual director, please use discount code DIRECTOR when checking out.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Dominican Center Marywood continues to monitor and adjust our pandemic response to gatherings. If you have personal health concerns, please request seating at tables specifically designated for social distancing and masking.
Dominican Center Marywood is unable to provide overnight accommodations at this time.