Current Openings at Dominican Center
Director of Dominican Center at Marywood
The Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids are seeking an individual to further the mission of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids through leadership of Dominican Center at Marywood in its virtual and on-site presence. This full-time position will oversee and grow relevant programming, which reflects the mission of the Center and the mission and vision of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids Congregation as a center for spirituality, learning, and collaboration with the primary goal of transformation of individuals and communities.
- Lead the mission and operations of Dominican Center at Marywood and assure both mission and financial sustainability.
- Establish goals for Dominican Center programming and create, monitor, and evaluate programs and events in light of the goals, mission, and sustainability.
- Assure that rooted and relevant programs in the area of spirituality, theology, and personal growth and transformation offered by the Center (virtually and on-site) are sustainably viable and impact people and communities.
- Provide leadership, supervise staff, and review and maintain spiritual director contracts and policies.
- Responsible for budget and financial performance.
- Network and collaborate with local, regional, and national organizations and individuals to provide programming at Dominican Center, which reflects the charism and mission of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids.
- Collaborate with Aquinas College, the Diocese of Grand Rapids, and local religious and other non-profit organizations in developing and offering programs.
- Represent the Center and the Congregation at local Catholic, interfaith, and civic programs and conferences that are consistent with the Center’s mission.
- Develop and implement a consistent, integrated marketing and communications plan for Dominican Center and the promotion of programs at market rates.
- Develop ways that will help to ensure the financial sustainability of Dominican Center at Marywood.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Campus Directors Leadership Group (CDLG) and other departments on campus to ensure the delivery of service and consistency of campus policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications pertaining to Dominican Center with staff at all levels throughout the Center and Congregation; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Adult Faith Formation, Religious Education, Theology, Business, or equivalent preferred
- Strong leadership and administration experience (minimum 5 years)
- Awareness of Christian spirituality and theology, spiritual direction ministry, and openness to interfaith traditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs and set and achieve goals independently with consultation within the organization structure
- Ability to work as a team member while motivating and developing a spirit of cooperation
- Experience in writing grants and in collaborative programming
- Familiarity and experience with online platforms
- Adaptable and flexible in work style
- Possess initiative, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills
- Support the culture and mission of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids
- Apply online now on Indeed
- Apply in-person at:
Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
(Facilities entrance is off Lakeside Drive between Fulton and Michigan)
- Email resume to HumanResources@GRDominicans.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids
Office / Administrative